Calm, Courage & Clarity: Writing for Resilience
Michelle Zimmerman, LCSW
2 CEs approved by NASW ME
Writing is a clarifying and healing medium that can be used for our emotional well-being. In this workshop you will learn the different approaches to expressive writing for physical and emotional health, review evidence-based research that supports writing as an avenue to resilience, and explore ways to develop a healthy writing practice.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe different learning approaches to expressive writing
- Discuss evidence-based research on writing and resilience
- Discuss healthy writing practice development.
About the Presenter:
Michelle Zimmerman, LCSW has a private therapy practice in Greater Portland where she enjoys working with creatives and professionals. Part-time faculty at the University of Southern Maine, she teaches advanced practice courses in social work. Michelle has worked in the fields of mental health, addictions and research for more than twenty years.
A writer and photographer, Michelle’s written and visual work have appeared in Stonecoast Review, Social Work Research, WordPress.tv, juried art exhibitions, businesses and more. She lives in Greater Portland where she enjoys exploring the outdoors with her family.
- A zoom link will be emailed to you prior to the workshop
- We will start at 12:30 pm, please plan on joining a few minutes prior to ensure your technology is working.
- There will be a 15 minute break at the midpoint
- After the workshop, evaluations will be emailed to you. Certificates will be emailed back to you upon receipt of the completed evaluation.
- Want to pay by check? Please email Barbara firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions? Email Lynn email@example.com
We are committed to providing information and resources to help all social workers in their professional lives. We are able to do this because of NASW Members - membership dues are a major part of our Chapter's budget. If you are not a member, please consider becoming one today. When you become a member of NASW, you automatically become a member of your Chapter and help support our work.